PM Modi pays heartfelt tribute to former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his birth anniversary. Recognizing Vajpayee’s lifelong dedication to nation-building, Modi expresses gratitude and hails his enduring inspiration for generations to come.
New Delhi, December 25, 2023 – Prime Minister Narendra Modi fondly remembered the late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his birth anniversary today. Acknowledging Vajpayee’s unwavering dedication to the nation, PM Modi expressed that Vajpayee will forever serve as a timeless source of inspiration. In a heartfelt post on social media,
PM Modi stated, “पूर्व प्रधानमंत्री आदरणीय अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी जी को उनकी जयंती पर देश के सभी परिवारजनों की ओर से मेरा कोटि-कोटि नमन। वे जीवनपर्यंत राष्ट्र निर्माण को गति देने में जुटे रहे। मां भारती के लिए उनका समर्पण और सेवा भाव अमृतकाल में भी प्रेरणास्रोत बना रहेगा”
“On the birth anniversary of the respected former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji, I extend my heartfelt homage on behalf of all the families of the nation. His commitment to nation-building remained steadfast throughout his life. His dedication and spirit of service for Mother India will continue to inspire for generations to come.”
Prime Minister Narendra Damodardas Modi..!!
Visionary Leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee – Key Points
- Statesman and Visionary Leader: Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a revered statesman and visionary leader, serving as the Prime Minister of India three times—first for a brief stint in 1996 and then for two full terms from 1998 to 2004.
- Poet and Orator: Known for his eloquence and poetic skills, Vajpayee was a captivating orator. His speeches, marked by wit and wisdom, resonated with the masses and earned him admiration across political lines.
- Founder of BJP: Vajpayee played a pivotal role in the formation of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1980, providing a strong political platform for the nationalist and conservative forces in India.
- Pokhran Nuclear Tests: Under his leadership in 1998, India conducted a series of nuclear tests at Pokhran, signaling its nuclear capabilities. This move was a defining moment in India’s foreign policy and security landscape.
- Economic Reforms: Vajpayee’s tenure saw significant economic reforms, including the disinvestment of state-owned enterprises and encouraging foreign direct investment, contributing to India’s economic growth.
- Infrastructure Development: He spearheaded ambitious infrastructure projects like the Golden Quadrilateral highway network, connecting major cities, and the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, aimed at rural connectivity.
- Peace Initiatives: Vajpayee pursued diplomatic efforts for peace in the Indian subcontinent, engaging in talks with Pakistan. The historic bus journey to Lahore in 1999 marked a notable attempt to improve relations.
- Kargil War: During the Kargil War in 1999, Vajpayee displayed strong leadership, garnering international support against the intrusion in the Kargil region and ensuring a successful outcome for India.
- National Integration: Vajpayee’s commitment to national integration was evident in his inclusive approach, emphasizing unity in diversity and fostering a sense of belonging among diverse communities.
- Bharat Ratna: In recognition of his exceptional service to the nation, Atal Bihari Vajpayee was awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honor, in 2015, posthumously, as he passed away on August 16, 2018.